Spotlight On: Allen Stenger
Allen Stenger’s rule of thumb is that “statements by politicians about numbers are always wrong.” That’s not always the case, of course, but he gave us a good example: A recent mailer from New Mexico’s Republican Party claimed that “New Mexico workers have a jobs problem.” But the flier refers to the …
Want to know more about the congressional and presidential candidates? Here are some sites we recommend:
- fec.gov an official government website run by the Federal Election Commission that provides campaign finance reports of all federal candidates and political action committees.
- legistorm.com a nonpartisan website that provides databases on congressional travel, salaries, earmarks and more.
- opencongress.org a site funded primarily by the nonpartisan Sunlight Foundation that provides information on the status of legislation — including the legislative and voting history of each member of Congress.
- opensecrets.org a site run by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics that provides information on campaign finances, personal finances, earmarks and more.
- politicalpartytime.org a site run by the nonpartisan Sunlight Foundation that provides information on fundraisers for members of Congress and their challengers.
- taxpayer.net a website operated by the nonpartisan Taxpayers for Common Sense that provides detailed information on earmark requests by members of Congress.
2012 Players Guide
Be Our Friend